This year Trevor and Justin battle it out with some predictions that range from modest to audacious.
Check out last year’s predictions HERE to see how James and I did and cheer Trevor and I on for this year’s predictions!
*Wild Cards are worth two points
- More high-profile, surprising third-party titles will get ported to the Switch (think along the lines of Mortal Kombat 11, Doom Eternal, etc.)
- Some other Zelda related news will be announced in 2019 (other than Skyward Sword HD which is listed below)
- Retro Studios’ next game finally unveiled (I’ve had this prediction 4 years now – 4th time’s the charm right….right? – I’m really thinking 2019 will be the year since Tropical Freeze came out in 2014)
- Metroid Prime Trilogy gets an HD Switch port to build anticipation for Metroid Prime 4
- Skyward Sword will see an HD re-release on the Nintendo Switch
- There will be a new Metroid Prime 4 trailer this year
- Nintendo will announce the first hardware revision for the Nintendo Switch (Switch Lite / Pro – I could almost see a handheld focused model release that would attempt to fill the void of the 3DS by providing a cheaper Switch option before the new mainline Pokemon games launch)
- The Nintendo Switch Online service will see SNES titles launch
- Luigi’s Mansion 3 will release in 2019
- Pikmin 4 will finally be revealed
- Nintendo 64 Mini / Classic Edition will launch in 2019
- F-Zero finally gets a new follow-up announced
- Like the Wii U before it, the Nintendo Switch will receive its first Humble Bundle.
- SNES games will be added to the Switch online service.
- 3DS support will continue with a light mixture of ports and updates from Nintendo.
- Mario Kart mobile will have a successful launch… but only modestly so.
- Despite the denials, Skyward Sword HD will release, and the motion controls will be retained.
- A sequel to Super Mario Odyssey will be announced.
- A new wave of Animal Crossing amiibo will release with the launch of the series new installment on Switch.
- Nintendo will release a Game Boy Classic Mini in the Fall. Like its predecessors, it will have strong sales.
- Metroid Prime 4 will surprise with a Q4 release in 2019.
- Pure Nintendo’s Metacritic application will be approved!
- The long-rumored Super Mario Sunshine HD will have a summertime launch.
- Nintendo will finally revisit StarTropics in a proper form.
What are your predictions for 2019? Let us know in the comments!