It’s the weekend and we’ve been busy as always catching up on everything Nintendo. Our gaming playlist continues to grow and change with new and old games, including everything from Pokémon (naturally) to a NES classic where you rescue a tomato princess. Oh you don’t know that one? Alex reveals all ..
Check out our full playlist below and let us know which games you’re playing right now.
- Pokémon Go (mobile): It has been rainy on the days I have off from work, so I haven’t gotten too much walking in this week. As a highlight, I did manage to find a Dragonite hanging around at my house. He was promptly captured, and I may have been a little more excited than I should have been.
- Bayonetta 2 (Wii U): Finally got back around to Bayonetta 2 this week. I had started it a long time ago but never finished it. I’m happy to say I finally beat the game and it was fantastic! Loved the first game and the sequel delivers more fast-paced action and an incredible combat system. The variety and detail in the gameplay is really what makes this game shine—and the visuals in the game are amazing too, some of the best on the Wii U.
- Pokémon GO (mobile): Got to play some Pokemon Go while visiting family and it’s definitely growing on me. It’s still lacks depth to really hook me, but it’ll only get better as time goes on.
- Chroma Blast (Wii U eShop): If you’re looking for some budget fun, might I suggest Chroma Blast? I got a copy of this game through social media, and have been enjoying it. I’ll probably write a review at some point, but this is $1.49 well spent
- New Super Mario Bros. 2 (3DS): Been enjoying some multiplayer with my wife. Maybe someday I’ll finally reach 1 million coins.
- Super Mario Maker (Wii U): Playing our fan submitted courses has really got me back into this game in a big way. We’ll be filming a playthrough of our fan favorites soon, which I’m excited about!
- Tumblestone (Wii U): A fun, but pricey puzzler, check out my Tumblestone review for the full story.
- Fire Emblem: Fates (3DS): Not as much time with this as I’d have liked this week, though I’ve done several challenge quests and am also up to chapter 20. I’ve used two more Master Seals to change classes for my team, and I feel like I’m getting close to finishing the Birthright part of this massive game …
- Pokémon GO (mobile): OK this thing is super-addictive, I’m level 13 now, and this week I’ve been hunting for Pikachu – to no avail. I haven’t visited a gym yet, not sure I’m ready for that, but still enjoying catching as many ‘mon as possible literally everywhere I go.
- Guitar Hero Live (Wii U): There was a crazy deal on this game at EB this week, with a free second guitar, so I thought, why not? I thought my five-year-old son might get a kick out of it too. I’ve only played through one concert so far, but it’s fun as always.
- Rubik’s Cube (3DS): Back into this one for an overdue review, which should be out this week. Is it worth playing? It’s not NOT worth playing, and I can reveal that I actually solved the puzzle. Sort of. Be sure to watch for my review over the next few days for all the details.
- Psycho Pigs (3DS): Just touched on this one so far for an upcoming review too, it reminds me of Bomberman with pigs. I’ll be sure to delve into a full review soon.
What do you think of our list this week? Are you into anything retro at the moment, or busy playing something brand new? Let us know your own playlists in the comments section.