Happy Friday! As we welcome the weekend we take stock of our games on the go right now. Fire Emblem is still present, but Breath of the Wild and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe seem fairly unshakable. There’s a new mobile game to consider as well as some RPG action to round out the list.
Check out our playlist below and let us know what’s on your gaming agenda this week.
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch): I haven’t had a chance to do much gaming this week. However my girlfriend just started playing BOTW for the first time and she is highly addicted. I’ve been helping out through the harder parts, but for a novice player she’s doing a pretty awesome job :)
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch): Finally, my long journey is over, as I have now located each and every last one of the 900 Koroks. I would weep for joy, but alas, I have no tears left.
- Pokémon GO (mobile): Since the adventure week promotion was going on (it ended on May 25th) I decided to take the opportunity to catch all of the rock Pokémon that I never see. In the end, I got enough candy to evolve Geodude, Omanyte, and Kabuto to their final forms, and I just barely missed an Aerodactyl. Looking forward to the next event Niantic has up their sleeves.
- Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. (3DS): Playing the new FE made me want to look at this earlier 3DS release from Intelligent Systems. The production value is really wowing me so far, as is the steam punk settings.
- Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia (3DS): The first batch of DLC has not impressed me, but it’s still early.
- Just Dance 2017 (Wii U): Wrapping an upcoming PNM article about how this game has helped me shed my winter weight.
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Switch): Played some more of the Grand Prix this week and almost have 3 gold stars in 50cc / 100cc / 150cc, will move on to Mirror and 200cc after that.
- Bye-Bye Box Boy (3DS): HAL Labs continues to make great use with this puzzle platformer series. It’s both cute and aesthetically pleasing to the eyes with each installment. Just a shame that this is goodbye with Qbby and friends…for now hopefully.
- Disgaea 5 Complete (Switch): I’ve been playing this quirky and quite humorous strategy RPG for a review. It’s got a surprising amount of depth to the gameplay, watch for my review soon!
- Super Mario Run (mobile): I think I’m addicted to Toad Rally, I’ve got over 2500 Toads now but I need MORE. I’ve also finished World 2 in the main Tour mode.
- Fire Emblem Heroes (mobile): I decided to have another try with this one after giving up very early after launch, and I’m enjoying it a lot more this time around. I’m up to Chapter 4, and I’ve added the likes of Gunter and Sully to my party. I’m yet to unlock a 5-star character though…
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Switch): I’m a little behind Justin, still working on attaining 3 gold stars in all 150cc cups.
- LEGO City Undercover (Switch): Still having fun every weekend with this one in two-player mode, we’re up to Chapter 8 now in the main story, having unlocked the astronaut disguise – my fave!
- Puyo Puyo Tetris (Switch): I caved and bought the full game, though I’m not doing as well as I’d hoped or as well as Kaelyn, since I’m getting my butt kicked in my region online! Still having fun with all the different modes though.
- Magikarp Jump (mobile): Interestingly, a lot of mobile action for me this week, which is strange given my aversion (generally) to mobile games. It seems Nintendo is my weakness. Anyway, this new Pokémon spin-off launched just yesterday and I thought I’d give it a go. It’s a very simple and silly game yet, surprisingly, I’ve been checking in on my Magikarp all day, so I think it will be addictive … even if only for a short time.
What do you think of our list this week? Are you into anything retro at the moment, or busy playing something brand new? Let us know your own playlists in the comments section.