The weekend is finally here and after a long week we can finally look forward to some downtime – and game time! We’re playing a diverse range of games at the moment, with everything from art creation, to dungeon-crawlers, to tactical warfare.
Are you looking for gaming inspiration this weekend? Check out our playlist below and let us know which games you’re playing right now.
- PixelMaker (Wii U): I’ve been playing this a lot lately. First for a review and now because I have so many ideas for pixel art. It’s really fun! If you’re the creative type or you’ve been wanting to dabble in pixel art checkout my PixelMaker review here.
- Splatoon (Wii U): I’ve been on a Splatoon rampage lately. Pretty much dominating at splat zones. When I first bought the game I never tried any other mode besides turf war so this is fun and a new challenge for me. My rank is a B- as of right now and my level is 32 :)
- Kirby Planet Robobot (3DS): Been playing a lot of this for my Kirby Planet Robobot review and I really enjoyed it! I loved Kirby Triple Deluxe and Planet Robobot continues its legacy of awesome 2D platforming with great stereoscopic 3D effects.
- Lost Reavers (Wii U): Played some of this with Trevor and Alex on Wednesday night and it’s got some potential. It’s free to download so definitely give it a try if you’re interested in a dungeon crawler with Resident Evil-esque controls.
- DuckTales: Remastered (Wii U): The recent passing of Alan Young made me want to replay this game, and appreciate the excellent voice work he provided for Scrooge McDuck.
- Kirby’s Pinball Land (3DS VC): Not sure what made me decide to revisit this one over the past few days, but I did succeed in getting a new high score.
- Lost Reavers (Wii U eShop): Had some good laughs checking this game out with Alex & Justin! Alex was the Wario of our group, hogging most of the treasure.
- Mario Kart 8 (Wii U): I squeezed in a few online races with some friends. Frantic mode usually makes for some chaotic racing.
- Tachyon Project (Wii U eShop): My review is a bit later than I’d hoped, but it should be up asap for this slightly above average shooter.
- Fire Emblem: Awakenings (3DS): A very quiet gaming week for me sadly and even though I did pick up Fire Emblem Fates – and the special edition 3DS XL! – during the week, I’m yet to actually start playing it! I did get to spend a little more time with Awakenings earlier in the week though, and I’m now up to Chapter 18.
- Lego City Undercover (Wii U): A little more time with this as my 5-year old son continues to explore. He often asks for help and I’m happy to play it again with him, it’s just so much fun. Why oh why isn’t it multiplayer??