Hooray for the weekend! With another week almost over, the Pure Nintendo team reflects on what we’re playing right now. You’ll notice a slight Zelda trend again this week, and with so much to choose from, it’s hard to find time to play everything!
Are you looking for gaming inspiration this weekend? Check out our playlist below – and let us know which games are on your own playlist right now in the comments section.
- Pikmin 3 (Wii U): Thanks to the recent “Nintendo Selects” releases I was able to get this game for $20. Which is pretty awesome. I’ve been waiting until I had some extra cash to get Pikmin 3 since I rented it when I first got my Wii U. It’s such a beautiful game. Being able to take my time and explore is so fun and relaxing at the same time. I can’t wait to play some of the side missions and mini games.
- Splatoon (Wii U): Patty and I have been brushing up on our splatting skills. We’re trying to get used to some of the newer levels. I think The skatepark is still my favorite though :)
- Twilight Princess HD (Wii U): I just made it to the Arbiters Grounds. Being able to switch back and forth between a human and a wolf is pretty nifty. Before I arrived at this most recent dungeon I explored Hyrule field a bit and collected some golden bugs. I have to say this is definitely my favorite version of Twilight Princess. The cutscenes look amazing.
- Hyrule Warriors Legends (3DS): Playing this for an upcoming review. I can’t really say much about this one… But I’ve totally been playing it this week ;)
Twilight Princess HD (Wii U): Katelyn and I beat this last night. She did the Ganon parts of the battle and then I did the Ganondorf sections. What a great Zelda game! Would highly recommend it if you haven’t played it before!
Zelda: Tri Force Heroes (3DS): Got back in Tri Force Heroes this week and am enjoying the puzzles in the game. Some really creative solutions and use of items.
- Splatoon (Wii U): No TeamPNM exploits to speak of this week. Maybe next week. I feel a bit better with the sniper, though.
- Legend of Legacy (3DS): Turns out there is another section to the game, but the concept feels like it’s wearing a bit thin to me. Music is good, though.
- Twilight Princess HD (Wii U): I was a week late getting my copy (with Wolf Link amiibo, which looks amazing), but now, like most of the PN team, I’ve been wrapped up into the beautiful HD world of Twilight Princess. I’ve only just scratched the surface so far in terms of exploring, but I’m absolutely loving it so far!
- Inside My Radio (Wii U eShop): I’ve been playing this for a review, and really enjoyed it – it’s a good mix of platforming and rhythm games, with some tough sections, great sounds and terrific visuals. Check out my Inside My Radio review for more details!
- Fire Emblem: Awakenings (3DS): I got back into this again after a short break, still really enjoying it. It’s dark at times but also very humorous in parts. I’m only up to chapter 6, so I still have a fair way to go!