Happy Friday! As the weekend approaches, the Pure Nintendo team reflects on the games that we’re playing right now. With so many announcements recently, there’s plenty to choose from.
Are you looking for gaming inspiration this weekend? Check out our playlist below – and let us know what’s on your playlist right now in the comments section.
- Freeze Me (WiiU eshop): I’m really behind on this review so any spare time I’ve had to play games has went towards this. I’ll finally have it done by the weekend. It’s turning out to be a lot better than I though at first.
- Pokemon Yellow (3DS eshop): I’m loving this game! It’s really neat to see the characters from the cartoons make an appearance. I also love that my Pikachu follows me around, it’s adorable. So far my starter team consists of Pikachu, Mankey, Rattata, Pidgey, Charmander and Nidoking. I’m taking my time playing the game, trying to level up my team so I can be prepared for the upcoming challenges. I’ve also noticed each Pokemon’s sprite is different from the red/blue version so that’s something new and fun for me.
Yoshi’s Woolly World (Wii U): Katelyn and I have been playing through this some more lately. We are just half-way through World 3 but it’s a fantastic game. The yarn world is just so vibrant.
Pokemon Blue (3DS): This was my first Pokemon game and it’s been great to relive it! I went with Squirtle as my main because Blastoise is awesome of course :)
- Pokemon Red Version (3DS): Pokemon Red is all that I’ve had time for this week. The game is just as I remember it, and I’ve had a blast playing it. If you want to know my thoughts on the game and what team I used to become the champ, then check out my review!
- Fire Emblem: Awakening (3DS): Slowly continuing my quest until Fire Emblem: Fates lands in Australia. After the latest Nintendo Direct, there’s finally a release date for Fates now, so I have until May 21 to finish Awakenings!
- Oddworld (Wii U eShop): I was playing this a lot for a review, which I finished earlier this week. It was my first Oddworld experience, and I really enjoyed it :) Definitely a little Odd, but the puzzles were just right in terms of difficulty, and the platforming fun to navigate.
- U Host (Wii U eShop): I’m playing this for an upcoming review, it’s a game that puts a strong emphasis on being a quiz show host with the most, since there are so many options for creating the ultimate quiz shows.