As we prepare for the weekend, the Pure Nintendo team looks back to the games that helped us through the last seven days. We’re not shy about being avid Nintendo fans, and try to squeeze in as many gaming hours as possible.
Check out all our favorites this week below, and let us know what’s on your playlist right now in the comments section.
- The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes (3DS): I got a bit of a late start on this game. We got our review copy from Nintendo a little late. So this week I’ve been able to take my time and explore a bit. I love this game. Its a completely different Zelda experience than I’m used to. The puzzles are so fun to try and figure out. I get a sense of accomplishment every time I’ve completed one. I’ve also gotten the chance to play with some friends online which was supa fun! I’ve now acquired enough materials and rupees to make some of those awesome costumes we’ve all heard about. If you’re thinking about getting Tri Force Heroes you can read my review for more info (I highly recommend it).
- Yoshi’s Woolly World (Wii U): This beautiful game has had me captivated since the day it was released. So far I’ve made it to world 4 and have gold stars on every level (besides the special levels). As I’m progressing I notice more details in the environments and enemies. Its really neat when you can slow down and get a good look at everything. If Yoshi’s Woolly World doesn’t win game of the year it better at least win something for its visual appeal, fo sho! By the way, I really wish there was a way we could play online with friends. That’d be awesome.
- LEGO Jurassic World (3DS): Seeing the movie again earlier this week put me in the mood to revisit the game. Since friends are borrowing the Wii U version I’ve been playing the 3DS one, trying to get 100% completion.
- PictoParty (Wii U eShop): I hope to have a review of this Pictionary variant post asap.
Mario Kart 8 (Wii U): I keep trying to get my little guy into video games. I guess 14 months is still too young.
The Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (3DS): I’m really enjoying this game. The single player does become tedious but playing with friends or others is really fun.
Octodad: Dadliest Catch (Wii U eShop): Sadly I didn’t get a chance to play too many games this week, but luckily one of those games was Octodad. You can check out my review of the game here. Octodad is a fun physics game, and I’m glad to see it finally made its way onto the eShop so Nintendo fans can experience the game’s great humor and charm.
Pokemon Shuffle (Mobile): Took a much needed break from this game, and now that I am stuck on the Mega Gengar stage, it’s looking like I’ll be needing another break soon. Who knew catching them all was going to take so much work?
- Mario Kart 7 (3DS): Like James above, I have a little one. He’s four now, so I don’t have to convince him to play games! Thought I’d show off my little Mario below – this was his Halloween costume, which he insisted on wearing all day. Anyway his favorite game (and mine) is Mario Kart, so we spend a lot of time playing that. He’s getting really good too. Not quite good enough to beat me just yet, though I’m sure it’s inevitable!
- Pokémon Shuffle (3DS): I haven’t progressed much further than last time, only two levels – I had a little break like Alex above, but I did defeat and capture Volcarona and defeat Aegislash to reach level 208.
What do you think of our list this week? Are you into anything retro at the moment, or busy playing something brand new? Let us know your own playlists in the comments section.