We were notably absent with our weekly playlist last week due to Thanksgiving, but along with a break and time with family, the holiday season provided extra time with our beloved Nintendo consoles. Now, as we welcome the weekend once more, the Pure Nintendo team reflects on the games we’ve been obsessed with lately.
Are you looking for inspiration as to which game to play this weekend? Check out our latest favorites below, and let us know what’s on your playlist right now in the comments section.
- Batman Arkham Origins (Wii U): I’ve been wanting to play this for a while after beating Arkham City and Arkham Asylum on Xbox360. It’s nice to have a realistic action packed game to play on my Wii U. My favorite thing to do is beat the crap out of big groups of criminals! I’ve heard there are some glitches to worry about but I haven’t came across any so far. (Knock on wood).
- Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon (3DS): I’ve been playing this for about 2 weeks now. It’s really fun exploring dungeons and making new Pokemon friends to use in battle. You can read my review for PSMD here. I recommend getting it if you were disappointed in the last installment “Gates to Infinity”. This game is ALOT better!
- Animal Crossing: New Leaf (3DS): Playing amiibo Festival put me in the mood to return to my weed filled town. I cleaned it up though, and even visited the towns of a few friends.
- Johnny’s Payday Panic (3DS eShop): I’m playing this one for a review. I received the code a bit late, but hope to have my thoughts posted this weekend.
- Yoshi’s Woolly World (Wii U): Got to play a little bit with my niece and nephew and they had a lot of fun with it. I love that the game doesn’t have a time limit in the levels so you can really explore every nook and cranny at your leisure.
Chibi Robo Zip Lash (3DS): Played through a couple more levels in Chibi Robo and it’s a lot of fun! The engine reminds me a lot of Kirby’s Triple Deluxe which had fantastic stereoscopic 3D like Chibi Robo.
- I have spent my last week diving into some Dementium Remastered (3DS). We can say I am on edge right now. You can also check out my Dementium Remastered review to see why I recommend it.
- Nintendo Badge Arcade (3DS): I’ve been dipping into this game on the odd occasion, and found a few cool badges along the way. I even paid for a few more turns, which I could see being easily addictive. I only wish it was a little cheaper or provided more goes – considering the rewards are digital and not physically tangible, and it is relatively fun in short bursts, I’d be more likely to spend time/money on playing if it was worth it.
- Pokémon Shuffle (3DS): In an extremely busy week I’ve only had time for one actual game – however I have made some significant progress! I’m up to level 214 now, after beating Mega Heracross, Starly, Gothita and Goomy. Mime Jr. is a little problematic though.
What do you think of our list this week? Are you into anything retro at the moment, or busy playing something brand new? Let us know your own playlists in the comments section.