Are you all set for the weekend? After a long week, the Pure Nintendo team reflects over the games we’ve been obsessed with lately.
If you’re after gaming inspiration for this weekend, check out our latest favorites below, and let us know what’s on your playlist right now in the comments section.
- Fossil Fighters (DS): I grabbed this on a whim since it was cheap, and I enjoyed the 3DS version. Only a couple hours in so far, but it’s decent.
- Nintendo Badge Arcade (3DS eShop): Still checking in daily with hopes for a couple free plays. Unless I decide to spend actual cash though (unlikely) I’ll probably skip listing this for future playlists.
- Nintendo Land (Wii U): I should’ve included this in my last playlist. Played it a bunch when we had friends stay with us a few days. Mario Chase & Animal Crossing: Sweet Day dominated.
- Skylanders: Swap Force (Wii U): Nearly picked up SuperChargers, but have neither the money or time at present to really enjoy it. So instead I grabbed a couple figures we were missing on the cheap. Replaying certain levels in completionist fashion. My wife in particular is enjoying leveling up the new toys.
- Xenoblade Chronicles X (Wii U): Only Level 12 so far but I’m loving this game! I’ve spent most of my time just exploring the world and I’ve been pleasantly surprised just how many areas I can access even without a Skell. I know this will be on my playlist for many weeks/months :)
FAST Racing Neo – Only played the first two cups but I’m already loving the speed in the game. Looking forward to playing some multiplayer with family over the Holidays.
Guitar Hero Live (Wii U): I’ve been waiting for the release of a complete new game since guitar hero 3. I love the large song list and the competition to top the other competitors playing the same song, it even has scores for offline players. The game ushers in a new age of music videos, one which I love.
- Pokémon Picross (3DS): I’ve been giving this latest free-to-play title a spin, and it’s a fairly decent Picross game. So far, since I’m used to the straight forward play mechanics of the Picross e series, I find the constant interruptions slightly annoying, but I’ll persist to see if it becomes worthwhile having a team of pocket monster helps with solving puzzles.
- SteamWorld Heist (3DS): This one barely makes the list, since I literally just downloaded it tonight, but I’ve started playing and am super-excited to get into it this weekend – especially after Kaelyn’s awesome SteamWorld Heist review!
- Nintendo Badge Arcade (3DS): I’ve been dipping in and out of this game to look for freebies all week ;) Like Trev mentioned though, it’s unlikely to make my list for much longer.
- Super Mario World (Wii U): I went back to an old favorite this week for some classic Mario action. I still love the cape.
What do you think of our list this week? Are you into anything retro at the moment, or busy playing something brand new? Let us know your own playlists in the comments section.