As we welcome the weekend once again we reflect on the games that got us through the last week. It’s a mixed bag this week, with plenty of interesting titles filling our playlist. We’re just as keen to hear about your games of the week, so let us know yours in the comments section.
Here’s what we’ve been preoccupied with this week:
- Dot Arcade (Wii U) – Been playing this for a review and it has a lot of charm to it. It brings back memories of old-school arcade cabinets and fun, simplistic gameplay.
- Shantae and the Pirate’s Curse (3DS) – I’m absolutely loving the sprite work in the game and the 3D effects are fantastic. Would highly recommend the game for the 3DS since you can take it on the go with you.
- Affordable Space Adventures (Wii U eShop) – I played through this one for review, and gave it a high recommendation! I hope it garners the success it deserves, as it really is a great experience.
- Yoshi’s New Island (3DS) – My Elite reward from Club Nintendo, this game had been on my wish list for quite some time. Just starting the final world, and I’ve enjoyed it thus far. Playing it has built my excitement for Yoshi’s Woolly World!
Trine: Enchanted Edition (Wii U) – My review for the game came out last Friday. Check it out here. In short, if you enjoyed Trine 2, you will enjoy the remastered original.
Mario Kart 8 (Wii U) – Had my brother-in-law visit the previous weekend and was able to rip him away from he PS4 to play some intense Mario Kart 8 races.
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (NES) – I was cleaning out my office and stumbled across my old NES collection, so i decided to bust out this old gem and give it a go. It still holds up nicely and the games soundtrack is absolutely sensational.
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate (3DS) – I am absolutely and utterly addicted to this videogame! It’s soooooo fun! I may need an intervention soon.
- Ace Attorney: Trials & Tribulations (3DS) – On the second case. Luke Atmey; get it?
- Xenoblade Chronicles (3DS) – It took some doing, but I finally got all the right gems I need for a certain mission.
- Story of Seasons (3DS) – Since last week I’ve purchased a few new animals and finally collected enough materials to start customizing my land a bit. The fun is just beginning!
Yoshi’s New Island (3DS) – My final Club Nintendo reward. It was a tough choice but I’m very happy with YNI. I love the graphics and how smooth the 3D effect is. It’s actually the only game that I play in 3D the majority of the time. Also collecting everything in each level is proving to be a fun and very challenging task.
Earthbound (WiiU) – I’ve had Earthbound since it was first released on the WiiU Eshop but never had time to sit down and play. It. Well, now it has consumed me. I look forward to rainy days and nights off so I can put as much time into it as possible. It really is a must have, Earthbound is one of the coolest games I have ever played.
- Mario Kart 7 (3DS) – I’m super-excited about the upcoming Mario Kart 8 200cc mode and new tracks. So .. I’m celebrating by playing Mario Kart 7 (it made sense to me).
- Mario Vs Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars (Wii U) – continuing with this puzzle game, about halfway through the last world and enjoying it a lot. Still haven’t done any designing yet!
- Picross e2 (3DS) – I needed something a little more relaxing after a stressful week and coming back into this number puzzler did just the trick.
- Pokémon Shuffle (3DS) – Still a daily occurrence to use up my five hearts, and I’m happy with my progress, getting plenty of daily ‘mons, though I’m getting a little frustrated with the need to replay levels when Pokémon get away. Especially when they have 80% capture percentage!