RUMOR: Nintendo working on 3 new franchises for Wii U – price talk and more
This following information is supposedly from an inside source.
– ten to eleven Nintendo published retail games to be shown for Wii U at E3 as well as some 3rd party games.
– around 70 Wii U games are currently in development from a variety of publishers
– Nintendo will be publishing/releasing four Wii U games of their own before the end of 2012
– Nintendo is considering pricing Wii U lower than they want to
– big wave of 3DS and Wii U software this holiday season
– Nintendo has at least three new franchises in development for the Wii U, coming from various studios
March 13, 2012
Some interesting rumors. Has there been any word or further speculation regarding the “lower than they want to price”? I would assume that Nintendo would likely want to price Wii U around the $300 mark, but given the rumor do you think $249 or $200 (USD) be more likely? Existing HD competition from Xbox and PS with their lower price points is likely (obviously) Nintendo’s biggest concern regarding their initial pricing of the Wii U. I am sure they don’t want to pull another 3DS pricing blunder…
March 13, 2012
hmmm…I always thought the Wii U would be around $300. Nintendo could easily get away with $300 if the Wii U offers better graphics than the PS3 or 360. Even at the $300 price point I am sure Nintendo would be losing money on the console. If these rumors are true, I could possibly see a $250 price point.