After weeks of rumors floating around, Saints Row 4: Re-Elected, the current-gen port of what was a controversial entry in the popular ‘Saints Row’ series when it was first released back in 2013, has been confirmed to be released on the Nintendo Switch.
Despite the criticism the game received when it was first released for being “out there” and “wacky”, I thoroughly enjoyed my time with the title. I’ve always been fond of video-games, movies, and television shows set in Washington D.C. and so this was one of my favorites in the long-running franchise. In early January, a retail listing for a Nintendo Switch version of Saints Row 4: Re-Elected popped up on Cultura. The listing was quickly removed thereafter but today, Deep Silver officially revealed the title for Nintendo Switch.
Here’s some more information about the game:
You are the President of the United States of America, and you must save all of us on Earth. The Boss of the Saints has been elected to the Presidency of the United States, but the Saints are just getting started.
After a catastrophic alien invasion of Earth, led by the evil Overlord Zinyak, the Saints have been transported to a bizarro-Steelport simulation. With homies new and old at their side and an arsenal of superpowers and strange weapons, they must fight to free humanity from alien granddaddy Zinyak’s mental grasp.
The Saints have gone from the crackhouse to the Penthouse, to The White House – but now it’s up to you to free the world from Zinyak and his alien empire, saving the world in the wildest open world game ever, playable for the first time on Nintendo Switch™.
- The American Dream – Play as the President of the United States in a wild story that spans countries, time, and space. It’s up to you to free the world, now for the first time on Nintendo Switch™.
- Super Hero-in-Chief – Leap over buildings. Kill people with your mind. Run through tanks. Those are just some of the powers on offer that you can wield in your quest.
- Alien Toys of Destruction – Wield an impressive array of alien vehicles and weapons. The Inflato-Ray, the Polarizer, the Disintegrator, and many more are all are yours to utilize.
- Custom Weapons, Custom Mayhem – You’ve customized your character. You’ve customized your clothes. Now you also have a powerful weapon customization system.
- Dynamic Duo – Seamless drop-in, drop-out co-op, a Saints Row standard, improved. The only thing better than one malicious super-powered President is two!
- Fully Re-Elected – Saints Row IV Re-Elected contains an impressive 25 DLC Packs, including the Dubstep Gun (Remix) Pack, the Presidential Pack, the Commander-In-Chief Pack, and two celebrated episodic story expansions: Enter The Dominatrix and How The Saints Save Christmas.
Will you be getting Saints Row 4: Re-Elected on your Nintendo Switch when it releases on March 27th? If so, pre-ordering from select retailers will get you a Saints Row Presidential Pin Badge set as well. If you are still on the fence about purchasing Saints Row 4: Re-Elected for the Nintendo Switch, you should check out our review for the Nintendo Switch version of Saints Row 3.