The long-awaited Wii U version of Re-Logic’s 2D sandbox game, Terraria, will be released this June.
The action-adventure game was originally released on PC in 2011 and most other platforms since. Now, Wii U owners will be able to dig, fight and explore their way through Terraria from June 24 in Europe and June 28 in the US.
Terraria has proven popular on other platforms, with over 12 million copies sold to date. The Wii U version hopes to continue this trend, with support for eight players online and four for local co-op.
The Wii U edition of Terraria also features:
- Miiverse leaderboards
- full GamePad support
- 14 different environments such as eerie dungeons, slippery ice wastes, wild jungles and more
- hundreds of craftable weapons, armor and items
- more than 150 enemies ranging from zombies to armies of goblins
- epic boss battles that test players’ combat skills
- vast worlds of exploration that introduce new potions, magic, gear and more.
— 505 Games (@505_Games) May 6, 2016
Will you be downloading Terraria when it releases next month? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section. Check out the latest trailer below too.