Trine 5: A Clockwork Conspiracy in development
Three against...or for the kingdom, depending upon whom you ask.
Our favorite wizard/thief/knight combo is getting ready for yet another adventure on the Nintendo Switch. Frozenbyte and THQ Nordic have announced the trio will soon be returning for “…the best Trine game in the series:” Trine 5: A Clockwork Conspiracy.
This time around, puzzles will change difficulty according to the number of players, likely making things easier for those managing Amadeus, Zoya, and Pontius on their own. The new game will also feature a skill quest system and new, tactical, multi-phase boss fights.
For those unfamiliar with the series…
This 2.5D puzzle-platforming game full of adventures is set in a fantastical fairytale world, offering players twenty beautifully designed levels to explore. From glistening gemstone caverns to perilous underwater passageways – but be aware, the three Heroes are pitted against dastardly and duplicitous villains, who will stop at nothing to seize control of the kingdom. Whether by yourself or playing with up to three friends in online and local co-op, the Heroes of Trine must reunite to push back a fearsome Clockwork army and bring peace and justice to the land. The clock is ticking to save the world of Trine!
Our heroes from previous Trine games will be joined by an all-new cast of characters as they attempt to restore their reputations, save their friends and families from danger, and retain their enchanted powers.
Trine 5: A Clockwork Conspiracy will feature:
- A beautiful 2.5D world with twenty levels for players to explore.
- Up to 4-player multiplayer action either online or in local co-op.
- Puzzles with plenty of replayability and dynamic physics—encounter fire, air, light, magnets, electricity and more, with puzzles tailored both for solo and co-op play.
- Challenging combat in which players will fight against the unstoppable Clockwork Knights and the cunning Rat Gang in engaging and tactical battles and boss fights.
- Difficulty settings for combat, puzzles, and character resurrection to welcome everyone’s own play-style.
- Songs that capture the essence of each unique environment, as well as a voice cast of returning favorites and charming new additions.
No word yet on an estimated release date, but that you just gives you time to get caught up on the previous Trine games. In the meantime, you can learn more about Trine 5: A Clockwork Conspiracy at trine5.thqnordic.com.