It was announced earlier this spring, that the third-person survival horror, Friday the 13th: The Game Ultimate Slasher Edition, would be released on Switch. This news was very exciting for me, considering it is one of my most played PlayStation 4 games. At the time it was revealed that it’d release sometime during quarter three of the current fiscal year (April, May, June), but unfortunately, it is now surveying a release on Switch later this summer. It is now planned for an August 13th, 2019, release date. At least, we can now look forward to a physical edition packed with plenty of exquisite contents.
This is truly the definitive experience of the, Friday the 13th, phenomenon! It will be refreshing to be able to encounter Jason Vorhees on my favorite console to date. – Seth Alexander Cano, PureNintendo Staff
Here is what’s included with Friday the 13th: The Game Ultimate Slasher Edition:
- Jason Part 2 Pickaxe Kill Pack – Experience three all-new grab kills for Part 2 Jason Voorhees with his Pickaxe. Kills included are the ‘Curb Stomp,’ ‘Top Popper,’ and ‘Sweep the Leg!’
- Jason Part 4 Pig Splitter Kill Pack – Experience three all-new grab kills for Part 4 Jason Voorhees with his Pig Splitter. Three new kills include the ‘Throat Slit,’ ‘Kneecapper,’ as well as the ‘Slam and Gut,’ kill.
- Jason Part 7 Machete Kill Pack – Experience three all-new grab kills for Part 7 Jason Voorhees with his Machete. Kills included are the ‘Mother’s Favorite,’ ‘Candy Dispenser,’ and ‘Fish Gut!’
- Spring Break ’84 Clothing Pack – It’s Spring Break at Camp Crystal Lake, and the counselors have decided to break out their trunks and bikinis!
- Halloween Costume Pack – The counselors are dressing up and getting into the holiday spirit for Halloween! Each of the original 10 counselors are showing up to Camp Crystal Lake in their favorite costumes!
- Emote Party Pack 1 – Express yourself with dance, confidence or fear with our Emote Pack One. Each counselor at Camp Crystal Lake will now have access to 10 new emotes with a variety of feelings and expressions!
- Includes all previously released DLC* and Retail Disc Exclusive Content on the cart: Ten Single Player Challenges where you play as Jason, Offline matches with AI Bots, new maps, characters, counselor outfits, Jason skins, additional kills for Jason, the complete Virtual Cabin experience, Physical Edition Exclusive Bloody Jason Skins and clothing packs and much more!
- 1v7 Multiplayer: With maps spanning multiple iconic locations from the movie franchise; play online as either Jason Voorhees or a Camp Counselor trying to survive the night. The choice is yours!
- Unlock and Customize: Level up and unlock new playable Counselors or Jason models; spend hard-earned CP (customization points) on new kills for Jason or game-changing Perks for your Camp Counselors; even unlock new ’80s inspired clothing to show off during matches! Friday the 13th: The Game has tons of content waiting to be discovered!
- Killer Variety: Play as various incarnations of Jason Voorhees as depicted in the films. Each Jason has been hand-crafted with specific strengths, weaknesses, and exclusive brutal kills! Fans of the movies will be able to unlock and play as Jason’s from parts 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9!
- Authentic to the Franchise: The game draws expertise from horror icons including Sean S. Cunningham (director/creator of Friday the 13th), Tom Savini (FX legend and effects director of Friday the 13th), composer Harry Manfredini (various compositions from the franchise) and Kane Hodder (Jason Voorhees actor; Part 7, 8 ,and 9).
- Limited Edition Poster: An 11×17 Friday the 13th: The Game limited edition poster exclusive to the Switch version.
*This edition does not include Kickstarter/Backer exclusive “Savini Jason” character or backer exclusive clothing pack. Pre-orders have now gone live at North American retailers – you can get your own right now from GameStop and Amazon for USD$39.99.
What are your thoughts on the Jason Vorhees horror experience, being delayed? Will you be picking it up, later this summer? It’s a steal for the price, especially considering all the downloadable content included. We’d love to hear your thoughts on our various social media pages, or in the comment section below.