Shoot size-changing Inklings — also known as Morphies!
Have you ever wanted to become Ant-Man? Or do you prefer to live out the remainder of your days as an Inkling? If that is too life-altering, difficult of a decision to make than become a Morphie!
Morphies Law: Remorphed is a rebranding of its original Diá de Meurtos-like game, but mixed with Splatoon-like shooting. It was originally released on the coincidental date that is my sister’s birthday (August 20th, 2018) — though, unlike my sister, it wasn’t well-received. Luckily, instead of abandoning their title, the developer decided to embrace it!
Despite not being received well, new features were continually being developed (and still are!), such as extra customization items, musical instruments, dedicated servers, and a “Morphie View” that allows you to admire your character in detail. Unfortunately, even with such improvements, Morphies Law: Remorphed is going to struggle with attracting folks — due to its rough initial release — but if given the second chance, it will thrive, because of its unique concept.
If you are on-the-fence, and rightfully so, you can try out Fartnight – the game’s unlimited demo (yes, you heard me correctly). Sadly, you can only play the demo on PC, or thankfully. Why is it called Fartnight, you might ask? Because the “Fartnight” demo allows players access to the game permanently, but after thirty-minutes, all sound effects will be replaced with farting noises. At that point, you will be required to purchase tokens with real-world currency, if you want to continue playing with the original sounds.
Here are the details for Morphies Law: Remorphed:
Morphies Law is a wacky mass stealing, robot morphing 3D shooter with a simple basic law: each weapon hit transfers mass from the victim’s damaged limb (making it shrink) to the corresponding limb of the attacker (making it grow), which balances the game by making skilled players become big and easy to hit, whereas beginners shrink until they become difficult targets.
- Morphing robots: the Morphies have 8 body parts that grow and shrink individually, the size of each body part has a direct effect on your actions.
- Plugins for your body: each body part has a unique Plugin that gives the player a powerful ability. Unlock new Plugins to create new strategies.
- Make your own weapons: you can unlock weapon parts and combine them at will to make the perfect weapon for you!
- Unique game modes: mass-based game modes with different goals but with one thing in common: size always matters more than kills!
- Maps with unique features: every map has a unique mass-related feature that’ll make it different from the rest!
- Customize your Morphie: make your Morphie truly unique! Choose from a variety of stock and custom options, and you can even make your own face!
- Crossplay: full cross-platform compatibility with owners of Morphies Law on Nintendo Switch.
Did you purchase Morphies Law back when it was originally released? If so, we’d love to hear your thoughts on the title and its rebranding — either in the comment section or on our various social media pages!