The weekend is finally here and it’s time to catch up on some serious game time. We’re still smitten with Super Mario Odyssey, naturally, but we’re also playing some exciting new titles, like Rocket League and DOOM. There’s plenty of inspiration in our playlist, so check it out and let us know what’s on your gaming agenda this weekend.
- Breath of the Wild (Switch): I’ve been playing this because I wanted to get the last few shrines I never found and finish the sword trials. I’m thinking about trying out Master mode next, wish me luck!
- Pokémon Silver (3DS): I’m a first-gen Pokémon fan all way. While Red is my favorite, Silver and Gold are close runner ups. I like the retro feel these games have and they hold a lot of nostalgia for me. One of my awesome twitter followers graced me with this free download code, and I am so grateful!.
- Rocket League (Switch): I’m currently reviewing this for the site and magazine and so far I am in love with it. Well, I’m in love with the overall mechanics and chaotic fun, just not when I’m continuously getting my butt kicked by scores ranging from shutouts to double digit beatdowns. Simply put, it’s Rocket League on the Switch and it fits well with a steadily growing lineup of games for the platform.
- Super Mario Odyssey (Switch): Even after finishing the main story, I’m still on the hunt for full-on completionist with collecting every single power moon. If only collecting Korok Seeds in Breath of the Wild were this fun…and not just tedious busy work.
- Xenoblade Chronicles 3D (3DS): I’m doing my best to finish this much-loved JRPG before its sequel arrives in December. However, it’s looking less likely given the amount of exploration this game gives you. Even on the 3DS, Xenoblade Chronicles still looks good despite some textures looking overly blurry and muddy.
- Rocket League (Switch) – Finally! I can have my Rocket League fix everywhere I go! I’ve only played a couple matches so far, but the experience was solid. It’s not as high res as other versions naturally, but the frame rate didn’t drop in my sessions so far.
- DOOM (Switch) – Check out my review for this one – it’s a fantastic shooter game with a lot of content. The price point may be a bit much for some, but there is plenty of content here to warrant it. And where else can you experience Doom (2016) on the go?
- Super Mario Odyssey (Switch) – Still slowly progressing in Odyssey. I finished the main story, and I’m going through collecting more moons. I’ve been playing a lot of games for reviews, so it’s been a little hectic getting back around to Odyssey. High-grade problems to have though :)
- Super Mario Odyssey (Switch): Still loving this game and every intricate detail withing. There’s so much to enjoy here, even after the main game, I could lose myself in this world for a very long time, and I stand by my high score of the game.
- Knight Terrors (Switch): A runner that’s full of retro, horror-inspired sprites to attack while also dodging spikes. It’s actually not bad, and it’s super cheap to boot. Check out my Knight Terror review for the full details.
- Super Mario Run (mobile): I found myself with a little free time for some mobile fun this week, and I’m still trying to get to Daisy in Remix 10.
- Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp (mobile): This is another way to pass the time on the go, it’s a very relaxing experience too! I can’t wait for the rest of the world to experience it!
What do you think of our list this week? Are you into anything retro at the moment, or busy playing something brand new? Let us know your own playlists in the comments section.