Wondering what the Pure Nintendo team is playing at the moment? Our latest playlist includes everything from the latest Mario Kart 8 Deluxe tracks to the subtle art of fishing.
In fact, most of us were playing Mario Kart 8 this week, since the second wave of DLC dropped recently. The team got together to play online, experiencing the tracks the day they came out, and had a blast in the process. It’s a super-fun collection of courses and definitely worth checking out.
Meanwhile, some team members are prepping for the imminent release of Splatoon 3 with some Splatoon 2 time. We wonder if Kaelyn can match her hours with the latest entry in the series?
Whether you’re seeking inspiration or simply curious about what we’re playing recently, check out our playlist below to see which games we can’t put down lately. But more importantly – what are you playing right now? How’s your own playlist progressing? Let us know in the comments section!
Pure Nintendo playlist
- Coromon (Switch) – this is a game that I’m currently reviewing. If I had to write a one sentence review about this game, I would say: “If you’ve ever wanted to play Pokemon, without actually playing Pokemon, now’s your chance, with Coromon!”
- Splatoon 2 (Switch) – I was shocked a few days ago when I checked my total hours played in Splatoon 2. I honestly had no idea that I had put over 2000 hours into this game since it was released. People probably think I just sit here and play Splatoon all day. But the matches in Splatoon are so fast (under 5 minutes) that I am able to play whenever I need to pass time. Waiting on food to cook, play some Splatoon. A 10 minute break from work, play Splatoon, etc. It has been my go to game for so long; and it’s a good, fast way to get my mind off of reality. After watching the Splatoon 3 Direct I am so excited for the next installment in the series. New abilities, weapons and levels. Not to mention splatfests! I forgot how exciting those were! I can’t wait until next month!
- KUUKIYOMI 1,2 and 3 (Switch) – Consider It: I stumbled across this series by purchasing KUUKIYOMI 2 as it was on sale on the eShop. These games are kind of hard to explain. You’ve a round of ten ‘mini games’ where you must consider what to do. Sometimes the best thing to do is nothing, but you must ‘consider it’ fast. Each mini game is super unique and hilarious. My fiancée and I ended up buying all three and have so much fun almost every night just jumping and doing a small session together.
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Switch) – Dived back in to check the new tracks out. Mario Kart is never not fun, and these new tracks just breathe so much fresh air into the game. I am by no means great at MK8, but I’ve been trying my luck online recently and doing pretty good! Anyone up for a race?
- Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (Switch) – On the Sunday after release, my son and I spent a collective 15 hours with this game…a record on the Switch. The characters aren’t as engaging as in previous Xenoblade Chronicles games (Zeke for the win), but all is forgiven when we’re on a quest with Gray.
- The DioField Chronicle demo (Switch) – Once I catch up to my son’s progress in XC3 I’m going to start putting this game through its paces. I’m not the diehard fan of Square Enix that many tactical strategy and JRPG fans are, but I love a good battle system and a heavy dose of melodrama, and The DioField Chronicle looks to provide both.
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Switch) – With the new tracks, of course I had to go back to Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. The new tracks feel great and I’m excited to see what other tracks are planned for the future.
- KOKORO CLOVER Season 1 (Switch) – I really like games that take a chance and try to do something different, and Kokoro Clover Season 1 does just that. It’s set up like you’re watching a Saturday morning cartoon, with over the top characters, and I’m liking it so far! Stay tuned for a review soon.
- Gale of Windoria (Switch) – If my review isn’t already up by the time you read this, it will be shortly after. It’s another KEMCO-published RPG, which fans should appreciate while others will be apathetic.
- Growbot (Switch) – I finally published my review this week; a good game with some great visuals.
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Switch) – I enjoyed checking out the new DLC with Jemma, Justin, and Katie. Hope to have another PN game night soon. Which of the new tracks is your favorite?
- Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (Switch) – It’s fantastic! Love the sprawling world, the characters and dialogue is great and the story is all sorts of crazy but also very fun!
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Switch) – Wave 2 has been great to play. I especially love the new additions to Kalamari Desert, one of my favorite levels from Mario Kart 64.
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Switch) – Talk about excited! I was counting down the days for new Mario Kart content, and I was not disappointed. This latest wave brings a great group of tracks to the game, with a fun mix from across the series. Check out my review of the second wave!
- Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (Switch) – I’ve barely scratched the surface of this hige RPG, which looks and sounds just amazing. It’s going to be a very enjoyable ride!
- Bassmaster Fishing 2022 (Switch) – This fishing sim is a realistic take on the genre, with many real-life lakes to discover and fish to catch. If you’re serious about your fishing, you’ll enjoy this one.
- Logic Pic (Switch) – I just reviewed this collection of picross puzzles, and what a large collection it is! With around 1000 puzlles, this is a game that’s likely to keep you coming back for a long time. Check out my Logic Pic review for the full story!
- Boomerang Fu (Switch) – I recently dicovered this super-fun multiplayer game, which is the definition of chaos and mayhem. It’s fast and furious, and full of laughs.