Happy Friday! It’s time to prepare for the weekend, and to help with your game choices we’ve collated the games on our personal playlists this week. The team has been busy with everything from classics to the latest games – if only there was more time in the day to play them all!
Are you looking for gaming inspiration this weekend? Check out our latest favorites below – and let us know what’s on your playlist right now in the comments section.
- Pokemon Picross (3DS): well I finally broke down and bought a Mega Pencil or whatever they’re called. So now I’m on a quest to catch all of the mega evolved Pokemon. I did save up enough Picrites to finally venture to area 18. So that’s awesome :)
- Super Mario Maker (Wii U): I had an urge to play this. I haven’t been able to mess around with it since all of the recent updates. I had fun creating a new level called “the torture chamber”. It’s not finished yet but when it is I’ll share the code on here. I also had a lot of fun collecting all of the new mystery mushroom costumes in the event levels. Every time I decide which one is my favorite a new adorable sprite comes along. I love it!
- Donkey Kong Country (SNES): Patty and I were listening to this soundtrack a few days ago and got the bug to play. It’s one of our absolute favorite games. Recently we were watching a YouTube video about some of DKC’s glitches. I’m hoping to be able to try some this weekend.
- LEGO Marvel’s Avengers (3DS): My review game this week; it’s fun, but very buggy. In fact I’ve discovered several new glitches since posting the review. At 75% completion, I’m sure I’ll discover even more as I aim for 100%.
- Donkey Kong 64 (Wii U VC): I remember my excitement when this N64 classic was announced for the Virtual Console service. I don’t think it holds up quite as well as I expected, but there’s certainly plenty to do. I have multiplayer memories with this one as well.
Fire Emblem Fates (3DS): I really enjoyed Awakening but Fates has definitely become my favorite in the series so far. The freedom the game gives in selecting your path through the story is fantastic! Check out my Fire Emblem review for more info.
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii): Been playing a little bit of this in anticipation for Twilight Princess HD. Definitely looking forward to the upgrades featured in the HD version of the game.
- Assassins Creed III (Wii U): Assassins Creed III was a game that was buried during the Wii U launch. In fact, I didn’t enjoy the little I played. I decided this week to give it another try and so far it has been a little more enjoyable.
Pokemon Omega Ruby (3DS): I have been excited for Pokemon Go for awhile now, so much so that I’ve had dreams about playing it. In order to curb my Poke’ withdrawals, I’ve started Playing Omega Ruby again. I’ve always wanted to try out Pokemon contests, so perhaps I’ll give that a go this play through.
Pokemon Shuffle (Mobile): Been continuously grinding away at this game in order to catch all the timed event Pokemon. An intervention from close family or friends might be necessary at this point.
- Fire Emblem: Awakening (3DS): With the latest Fire Emblem heading our way soon, and Justin’s glowing review this week, I’ve been playing through Awakening in anticipation. Great game!
- Word Puzzles by POWGI (Wii U): I’ve been playing this puzzle game for a review. With 6 variations on the classic word search, it was fun enough for a short time.