Reacquaint yourself with Pontius the Knight ahead of Trine 5 release
Sword, shield, and pie.
If you’re a fan of action and adventure, puzzles and platformers, you’ve most likely enjoyed Frozenbyte’s Trine series. First launched in Windows in July of 2009, the series has grown to encompass multiple games for multiple platforms. Trine 5: A Clockwork Conspiracy is now heading for release, and will hit the Switch on August 31st, 2023.
Do any of the characters need an introduction? If you’ve played any of the games, be it individually or as part of the ultimate collection, you know of the exploits of Pontius the knight, Amadeus the magician and Zoya the thief. But if you’d like a refresher, Frozenbyte has provided the above video meet-and-greet for Pontius the Knight, “…Protector of the Realm and also the biggest pie lover the land has ever seen!”
Your sword and shield will aid you on your journey – if you know how to use them! As a skilled knight and professional pie eater, Pontius can use his sword to fight off enemies, get rid of obstacles, and even use it as a platform to help him reach higher areas. The shield, not only made to protect, will come in handy to reflect light, skate across water, and even use as a glider!
Charge, smash, fight, and puzzle-solve your way through the dangers that await with your fellow adventurers. And should you need further help, the Prismatic Talisman will be your best friend – literally. Clones can be useful!
As for the rest of the game, we know it’ll provide fans with:
- A beautiful 2.5D world with twenty levels ready for players to explore.
- Local and online multiplayer for up to 4 players.
- Puzzles with plenty of replayability and dynamic physics. Players will utilize fire, air, light, magnets, electricity and more, with puzzles tailored both for solo and co-op play.
- Challenging tactical combat that pits players against the unstoppable Clockwork Knights and the cunning Rat Gang. Try your wits and courage in formidable boss fights!
- Difficulty settings for combat, puzzles, and character resurrection. The game welcomes everyone’s own play style.
- A mesmerizing soundtrack, with songs that capture the essence of each unique environment.
- A voice cast of returning favourites and charming new additions
Trine 5: A Clockwork Conspiracy is being developed by Frozenbyte in Helsinki, Finland. Learn more at www.frozenbyte.com.