Thanks to Alkaline from Neogaf for the summary.
– Both have been incredibly busy with Wii games – very overwhelmed. Have a massive backlog of games they need to cover – Zack and Wiki, Soul Calibur Legends, Manhunt 2, FIFA 08, Naruto, Smartypants, Fishing Master, Medal of Honour: Heroes 2, MX Untamed, Rayman Raving Rabbids 2, etc. At least 10 games they need to catch up on – they’re working on the reviews, but they’re taking a while because there’s so many to cover.
Zack and Wiki
– Was supposed to have the exclusive review on Zack and Wiki up tonight, but they couldn’t complete it – stuck on a really hard (but awesome) puzzle.
– Maybe half-way through the game, and don’t have any concerns about the length (about 15 hours).
– Difficulty is great, ramps up as the game progresses. Everytime you step into a new level, you’re confronted with more new and unique puzzles.
– Puzzles and controls are lots of fun. Definitely recommend it – will be an editor’s choice. Go and preorder it right now. One of the best 3rd party games on Wii. One of the very few Wii games that simply could not be replicated on another console. A “must-have title”.
– The puzzles are challenging, you may need to even get help from friends (which you can). “Best designed puzzles in a decade” – probably superior to Zelda. “The quality and consistency of these puzzles is just insane.”
– Don’t have many complaints – wish they would supply more puzzles through WiiConnect24, sometimes need to use exact motions yet sometimes it’s pretty much guess-work, sometimes trial-and-error gameplay might annoy.
– But it’s a really good game. Saw the GameInformer review – definitely not a mid-7’s game.
– Really smart puzzles and really beautiful (though sometimes framerate takes a dip). The animation is awesome – looks like you’re watching a cartoon. Lots of polish and little elements that many other developers would not even think about including. “Insane production values.”
– Next week there will be massive coverage of the game.