With the weekend here it’s time to find out what the PN team is playing this week. There’s a lot of variety this week, with everything from the latest River City entry to quite a bit of Ever Oasis. Some of us are even still playing Magikarp Jump, for some reason.
Check out our playlist below and let us know what’s on your gaming agenda this week.
- River City: Knights of Justice (3DS eShop): I am having so much fun playing this. Check out my River City review!
- Mother 3 (GBA): I was finally able to acquire a fan translation of this game. After falling in love with Earthbound I couldn’t wait to see how the story progressed. Sadly Mother 3 isn’t as long as it’s previous installments, but I love it all the same. I highly recommend finding a way to play Mother 3, since Nintendo is holding out hardcore on this one.
- Darksiders Warmastered Edition (Wii U): Wait…. they’re still releasing Wii U games? Indeed they are, gentle reader. As I play this game in preparation for a review, it’s clear the game is pushing the Wii U as hard as it can go. Despite a few glitches and frame rate issues, if you’re a fan of the God of War style of game play, this is a fun budget title to give a go. Look for the full review coming soon.
- Magikarp Jump (Mobile): I’ve finally maxed out my trainer’s level at 63, so I’ll have to wait until a new update before I can become stronger. Now that I’ve beaten all of the leagues (including the expert ones), I’ll probably give this game a break. Fire Emblem: Shadows of Valentia is starting to call my name.
- Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival (Wii U): Thanks to Best Buy, I picked up four AC amiibo for only $4. That bargain gave me a reason to bust out this game, one that I enjoyed more than many. Looking forward to seeing what’s next for the series on mobile and Switch.
- Ever Oasis (3DS): Even though I beat this game last week, there’s still plenty left for me to do (no, I can’t say what; spoilers and such). If you haven’t already, be sure to check out our Ever Oasis review.
- Super Mario 3D World (Wii U): Watching Odyssey footage put me in a Mario mood. My plan was to replay Sunshine, but it was easier to pop in 3D World than to try and find my GameCube cords. I can enjoy co-op multiplayer with Jenn this way too, who always picks Luigi.
- The Girl and the Robot (Wii U eShop): This review is a bit later than planned, for reasons I’ll elaborate on when I finally publish it (hopefully early next week). The game has issues, but also lots of charm.
- Ever Oasis (3DS): Based on the demo and Trevor’s review, I picked this up and I’m really loving it! Great art style and everything feels really polished. Feels like a Nintendo game should :)
- Mononoke Forest (3DS): I was really looking forward to this game, it’s a mix of sim and action elements, but unfortunately falter on many levels. My Mononoke Forest review explains why.
- Ever Oasis (3DS): Just the demo for me, but based on Trev’s review, I had to give this a go. I played through the demo and am now hooked. Hopefully I can pick up a copy soon!
- Oceanhorn (Switch): My next Switch review will be for this action-adventure title. So far I’m enjoying it, so watch for my full thoughts next week!
- Magikarp Jump (mobile): I’m at trainer rank 42 and almost done with the Luxury League. I’m at generation 57 with my latest Magikarp (Jonah). Half the fun for me is coming up with interesting names for my fish. Jonah was inspired by Sleepless in Seattle being on TV tonight.
What do you think of our list this week? Are you into anything retro at the moment, or busy playing something brand new? Let us know your own playlists in the comments section.
Submit a Comment