The weekend is here and it’s time for some serious gaming! So what has the Pure Nintendo team been playing lately? We’re still into the likes of Splatoon and Hey! Pikmin, plus new entries Chicken Wiggle and Sonic Mania make an appearance. Yet there’s still time for some mobile fun.
Check out our playlist below and let us know what’s on your gaming agenda this week.
- Sonic Mania (Switch): Picked up this title due to all the praise it has been getting, and so far i’m having a good time with it. The entire game feels like a giant love letter to the 2D Sonic games, and I think that’s what makes the game feel so enjoyable. It’ll be tough to get all the collectibles, but i’ll give it an honest attempt.
- Hey! Pikmin (3DS): With sectors two through four cleared with all treasures collected and all Pikmin returned unscathed, it’s time to head on to the next sector and see what the winged Pikmin are like. Eventually i’ll have to go back to sector one and beat a few stages without losing any Pikmin because the completionist in me won’t allow me to beat the game until I do.
- Pokémon Go (Mobile): While looking disdainfully at all the legendary raid battles I cannot participate in due to being a solo-player, I did however manage to take down a Muk raid battle and add him to my Pokédex for the first time. I have been trying for some time to get a dragon scale item so I can evolve my Seadra into Kingdra, one of my favorite Pokémon for battling, but alas, after my 7th PokéStop streak, I got yet another king’s rock. The search continues while my patience grows ever thinner.
- Chicken Wiggle (3DS eShop): I’ve already beaten this game 100%, but creating my own levels is keeping me busy and entertained. Our Chicken Wiggle review has published, so you can find out more about this fun new release. If you’re creating custom levels, put PNM in the search tag… you might get a nice surprise.
- Flight of Light (Wii U eShop): Another review game this week. Check out my Flight of Light review to learn more.
- Monster Hunter Stories demo (3DS): I also played this new demo. I’ve been eyeing MHS for a while, so I’m grateful for the hands-on opportunity..
- Ever Oasis (3DS) – Gone back to my oasis lately and I’m really enjoying it. Not sure how far I am but I have just over 25 residents in my oasis :) The style and polish on this game is really something.
- Monster Hunter Stories demo (3DS) – I tried out the demo and I was really impressed. I’m not a big fan of the traditional Monster Hunter games–I always feel really bad killing the monsters in MH games :disappointed: MH Stories looks to be a nice spin-off that I can get into though.
- Hey! Pikmin demo (3DS) – After reading Jemma’s review, I downloaded the demo and I really had fun with Hey! Pikmin! I think I’ll be picking the full game up after my Ever Oasis playthrough.
- Splatoon 2 (Switch): Long story short: Multiplayer continues to consume me and Salmon Run is as addictive as sugar even when it’s locked at certain times. No need to send me help.
- Retro City Rampage DX (Switch): I’ve been playing this for an upcoming review. I’m really enjoying the humor and retro style of this crazy, fun game.
- Metal Slug 2 (Switch): This Neo Geo classic is a fun and frantic run ‘n’ gun, with plenty of weapons to try and enemies to fry. Check out my Metal Slug 2 review for the full story.
- LEGO City Undercover (Switch): A little more time in this sprawling open-world adventure. Not without its glitches, this is still a ton of fun, especially in multiplayer mode.
- Magikarp (mobile): I finally beat the Ultra League! That’s the final league .. or is it? Apparently I’m not done yet, so now I’m working my way through the Master League.
What do you think of our list this week? Are you into anything retro at the moment, or busy playing something brand new? Let us know your own playlists in the comments section.