It’s time to check out which games the Pure Nintendo team has been playing lately. Our latest playlist highlights a range of interesting titles, including the latest LEGO game, The Skywalker Saga. We’ve been toying with this massive galaxy-spanning game for a few weeks now, with plenty to enjoy.
Other recently played games on our playlist include 13 Sentinels, with a captivating mix of story and action. Kraken Academy is another unique title with a unique and often funny storyline. What Lies in the Multiverse follows this trend, with a cartoony, semi-violent take on those maddening multiverses and a great narrative to boot.
Whether you’re looking for gaming inspiration or you’re just curious about what we’ve been up to lately, check out our playlist below to see what made the cut. More importantly, what are you playing right now? How’s that backlog going? Let us know in the comments section below!
Pure Nintendo playlist
- Kraken Academy!! (Switch) – I’ve been spending time with Kraken Academy!! for a review, and I’m enjoying myself with this one. I caught myself laughing out loud at the writing. Stay tuned for my review.
- 13 Sentinels Aegis Rim (Switch) – I didn’t play this when it was first released, but I enjoy mech games, so this one was on my radar for a while. It’s a slow start, but the story is engaging enough to keep me hooked.
- Bush Hockey League (Switch) – My NHL team tends to get eliminated in the first round of the playoffs every year. It already looks like that’ll be the case in 2022, so I’ll need to rely on this game for my hockey fix by mid-May. That said, Go Wild!
- Legend of Ixtona (Switch) – KEMCO RPGs are like those old friends you keep around even though you only seem to hang when everyone else is busy. Along with a few other twists, this one offers turn-based combat on an isometric grid—a nice break from usual KEMCO titles.
- 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim (Switch) – I waffled on this one for a couple months, and finally put in a preorder two days before release. I’m glad I did, as it offers up a unique mix of story and combat unlike anything I’ve played before. Both are convoluted, but captivating.
- Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga (Switch) – I’ve always loved the Lego games but the last few Lego games were feeling a bit tired. So glad I picked up Skywalker Saga because it’s such a great return to form for Lego games. I’m only through Episodes 1-4 so far but I’ll easily get through the remaining games soon.
- MLB The Show 22 (Switch) – I’m a huge baseball fan and while the real major league season is in full swing, MLB The Show 22 on Switch is a fun downtime game. I’m not in love with the changes made to the Road to the Show mode but the addictive baseball action in Franchise mode and Diamond Dynasty keeps me coming back for more.
- Splatoon 2 (Switch) – With the release date trailer for Splatoon 3 coming out recently, I decided to jump back into Splatoon 2. Oh boy, do I love this game! I played so much of it back in the day and it feels great to jump back in and play online. I’ve got to get my skills up in preparation for the sequel in September.
- Pokémon Unite (Switch) – It’s a daily ritual to play at least one game a day — whether that’s with my girlfriend or not. It’s my addiction, and I am not ashamed one bit.
- NBA 2K22 (Switch) – For some reason the NBA playoffs do something to me and makes me buy 2K22. I’m awful at this game and change the sliders to make the opponents worse than amateurs. But it’s just so, so fun and the graphics are surprisingly great for the Switch. Well done 2K, well done.
- Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga (Switch) – I’ve been waiting for this release for a very long time! I absolutely loved playing LEGO Star Wars on the Wii, and this collection of all nine movies is the ultimate way to experience the saga.
- What Lies in the Multiverse (Switch) – I’m playing this interesting puzzle-platformer for a review. It’s a surprisingly fun time, with unique world-switching mechanics that add to the adventure. Coupled with a great story, this is one to consider purchasing. Watch for my upcoming review!
- Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (Switch) – Another Star Wars title, this one is a little different to the fun LEGO-fueled game, with a much darker and more violent take on the characters. It’s a port from 2014 that I’m currently playing for a review, and I’m really enjoying slashing my way across the galaxy to do Vadar’s bidding.