Have you been wondering what the Pure Nintendo team is playing lately? Our latest playlist includes everything from Fire Emlbem and Pokémon to TMNT and soccer.
We actually found ourselves playing a lot of Pokémon, from Snap and Unite to Pinball Mini – remember that little device? Some of us might actually be addcited to Pokémon Unite. Not naming names or anything.
Other recently played games on our playlist include the Musou mayhem of Fire Emblem Warriors, Mario’s latest soccer extravaganza, plus classic Sonic the Hedgehog. Not to mention TMNT: Shredder’s Revenge, which is likely to remain a playlist highlight for some time.
Whether you’re seeking inspiration or you’re simply curious about what we’ve been up to recently, check out our below playlist to see which games we’re obsessing over lately. But more importantly – what are you playing right now? How’s your backlog progressing? Let us know in the comments section below!
Pure Nintendo playlist
- New Pokémon Snap (Switch) – Finally picked this one up in the eshop sale, and initially my girlfriend scoffed at the premise.. “all you do is take pictures of Pokémon? What a waste of money!” We spent most of yesterday fighting over whose turn it is next!! Incredibly beautiful game, and super fun when you’re trying to outscore someone!
- Demon Slayer – Kimetsu no Yaiba – The Hinokami Chronicles (Switch) – I’m a pretty big anime fan, and finished binge-watching all of Demon Slayer just as the release date for this game dropped! If you’re a fan of the anime, this is like reliving every episode – but you’re in control of the action. Super faithful and the visuals are unreal. Best looking anime-inspired game on the Switch for me!
- Pokémon Pinball Mini (Pokémon Mini) – Who remembers this? I dug this out just to see if it works, and this game has been my addiction. You play as Diglett (or from four other unlockable characters) in way more stages than I thought there would be, to throw a Pokéball into various holes. It’s too good! The best games always draw you in with the most simple of mechanics and that “just one more go” mentality. Also, this thing fits anywhere! I reckon I’ve found myself a new member of my commute-to-work pack.
- Little Noah: Scion of Paradise (Switch) – I picked up this roguelike after it was announced in the latest Direct. It’s a cute roguelike, but much more difficult than it first appears. I have made it to the first boss a few times now, and during my last run, I almost got him…almost.
- TMNT: Shredder’s Revenge (Switch) – I couldn’t have asked for a more authentic experience than TMNT: Shredder’s Revenge. I was worried about the hype, but it lives up to my expectations. There’s some pretty deep cuts for references too. I’ve played through this a few times, I can’t get enough of it!
- Sonic Origins (Switch) – During the past 10 days or so, most of my time has been spent beating (and replaying) the Sonic Origins collection, and I’ve been excited to do so. Please check out my detailed review for more information. I’d forgotten how much I enjoyed these games; they’re a nostalgic blast! The improvements and updates benefit all of the games in this collection, but Sonic CD especially. I’m ready for a collection of the GBAs Sonic Advance Trilogy, or Sonic Mania 2.
- Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes (Switch) – Making slow progress through this one, as I can only fight so man Musou battles in one sitting. Plus, I chose Edelgard’s route since I never played her path in Three Houses, and she’s really pretty boring. Game’s fun otherwise, though.
- Krut: The Mythic Wings (Switch) – Making slow progress on this upcoming action platformer, too, because it’s HARD! It only has six stages, but it’ll take a lot of practice to get through them. I mean, how many platformers kick your butt with the very first enemy you face?
- Pokémon Unite (Switch) – This has become a go-to for me, playing it almost daily for the past few weeks. I love it. I don’t know why. I’m improving and enjoy trying new Pokémon (though Snorlax and Blastoise are my faves at the moment). It’s so satisfying to score goals and win a game! Fun, thy name is Pokémon Unite.
- Nintendo Switch Sports (Switch) – I played this with my family last week and wow did it bring back some memories! I was right at home with tennis and bowling thanks to the Wii-era game, but volleyball and soccer were fun to learn as well.
- Card Shark (Switch) – This is an interesting little game. Set in 18th-century France, you play card games and deceive your way to the high rollers. Watch for my upcoming review to hear my full thoughts!
- Mario Strikers: Battle League (Switch) – It’s official; I’m terrible at this game! It’s super fun and I love the characters, costumes, and stadiums, plus scoring feels very satisfying. I probsbly just need more practice!
- TMNT: Shredder’s Revenge (Switch) – this is such a fun game, it’s one I’ll probably come back to for a little while. It’s fun on your own, but add in a few other players and it’s simply fantastic.