A new entry in SQUARE ENIX’s Bravely Series was announced during The Game Awards in LA last night. The game is set to exclusively hit the Nintendo Switch in 2020.
The announcement coincides with a sneak peek at the new game via a brand-new trailer. Check out the action below.
Bravely Default II is a successor to the original Bravely Default game. The sequel will have players embark on a new story in a new world, featuring all-new Heroes of Light. The game will also feature music by Revo (Sound Horizon/Linked Horizon), composer of the Bravely Default soundtrack.
The Game Awards celebrates the best of the video game industry during the past year. In 2019, Nintendo had 13 nominations. The Big N walked away with a number of awards, including Best Fighting Game for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Best Family Game for Luigi’s Mansion 3 and Best Strategy Game for Fire Emblem: Three Houses. Fire Emblem: Three Houses also won the Player’s Voice award, which is voted on entirely by fans.
Other games from Nintendo’s partners that are available on the Nintendo Switch platform also won awards and nominations, including:
- GRIS (Games for Impact – winner, Best Art Direction – nominee, Fresh Indie Game Presented by Subway – nominee)
- Sayonara Wild Hearts (Best Art Direction – nominee, Best Score/Music – nominee, Best Mobile Game – nominee)
- Fortnite (Best Ongoing Game – winner, Best Community Support – nominee, Best eSports Game – nominee)
- Baba is You (Best Independent Game – nominee)
- Katana ZERO (Best Independent Game – nominee)
- Untitled Goose Game (Best Independent Game – nominee, Fresh Indie Game Presented by Subway – nominee)
Nintendo also announced a range of discounts on Nintendo Switch games as part of The Game Awards celebrations. Check out the eShop for