– Most focus was placed on Wii Fit.
– Was able to go through a variety of gameplay modes and put the game to the test. Does it work? It certainly does.
– Actually woke up feeling pretty sore the next morning after doing strength contests against Chobot, felt like he had actually done hard strength training.
– Chobot fell flat on her face during the push-ups.
– Wii Balance Board senses and calculates a lot of data. Very accurate.
– As a workout tool, the game is fantastic. The mini-games like the Ski Jump are great fun. The Ski Jump requires careful balance when sliding the slope, making an upwards motion onto your tippy toes for extra height, and still maintaining balance in the air. It’s challenging but really fun.
– Matt’s really feeling it and believes it deserves all the (massive) sales it has already gotten and will continue to get when it launches in Europe and USA.
– Absolutely flawless online. Blew them away.
– The offline multiplayer drops the ball because it instantly drops to 30fps when splitscreen, and still manages to chug despite not being a very pretty engine. There’s also a lack of free-for-all battle mode.
– Also, the single player mode still hasn’t progressed in any real way. It’s still dull and there’s still flaws like rubber-banding.
– However, the online multiplayer is phenomenal. You go on and are paired up with as many people as possible (12 being the max).
– Had initial issues where he couldn’t connect to the Treehouse development people in Japan, but worked perfectly after that. Absolutely silky-smooth and a lot of fun to play. Lots of stats tracking. Makes the Mario Kart Wii experience.
– Wii’s premier online game.
– New media should hopefully be coming up soon.
Thanks Milabrega for the summary:
Guitar Hero DS:
-The guitar Grip in GBA slot. You can strum on screen with stylus or the guitar Pick that comes with the game.
-Works with the DS and DSLite. Will support DS through an adaptor.
-Likely need headphones to get the most out of the music, though it should still be good
-Star Power Moves that affect your opponent. Like the stage catches fire and you have to blow into the DS, or a fan shows up and you have to sign her shirt.
-43 MB limit on WiiWare Games
-Look a little slow
-Kirby Canvas style
–Day 1 Wii games, Day 2 WiiWare, Embargo up Monday (Media Summit)
Mario Kart Wii – April 10th, 2008 (Japan) * Bikes in cup mode * Bikes have special actions like “wheelie” * 16 remakes and new courses * Wi-fi 12 …
Previews: Apollo Justice, Brain Assist, Dinosour King, Dungeon Explorer: Warriors of Ancient Arts, Eco-Creatures: Save the Forest, The House of the Dead 2 & 3 Return, Insecticide, Mushroom Men, Robo-Revolt: Robocalypse Now, Sega Superstars Tennis, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, Super Dodgeball Brawlers, SSBB, WWII Aces
Alone in the Dark
– Edward Carnby – mysteriously transported to NYC
– Technique – momentarily clear your vision
– First/third person perspectives
– Switch to third person for action-oriented gameplay
– “Episodic” feel to the game
– Different control schemes which depends on context/actions
– Items available through Edward’s pocket, not inventory screen -> can combine items
– Puzzles present
– Can drive some cars – hot-wire mini-game occasionally
DSL 168,255 Wii 115,057 PSP 91,481 PS3 38,123 PS2 11,987 Xbox360 8,876 GBASP 94 GC 46 GBM 20 DS 12