We love Nintendo – it’s in our DNA. So, naturally, we play a lot of Nintendo games. If you’re wondering which games keep us occupied during the week, we’ve compiled a playlist of recent titles we’re into. You never know, you might even find some inspiration in here too.
Check out our latest playlist below and let us know which games you’re obsessed with at the moment. We promise there’s no judgment here.
Pure Nintendo playlist
- Niffelheim (Switch) – I have been playing this for my upcoming review, it’s a Viking-led sandbox game.
- Hookbots (Switch) – I just reviewed this one last week, it’s a party/action/fighter.
- Battle Supremacy: Ground Assault (Switch) – also for an upcoming review, this one’s an action war simulation.
- The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (3DS) – I couldn’t wait for Link’s Awakening so at Trevor’s suggestion I started playing this one. When I was at my local Gamestop alternative I saw The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (DS) at a price too good to pass up. Once you get passed the movement mechanics it isn’t too bad. Last but not least The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awaking (Switch) I got it a little late but have been enjoying it all over again.
- The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening (Switch) – Links Awakening was my first, and only Zelda game (up until BOTW), so, it was riveting to hear it was getting remastered for Nintendo Switch. Despite my relatively slow progression throughout this remake, it has been charming to see various Mario elements implemented.
- Dead By Daylight (Switch) – The biggest question I’m asked as a massive Friday The 13th fan is the following: Have you played Dead By Daylight? And up until this week, I hadn’t. It was exciting to finally be able to get the chance to play it with the Nintendo Switch, but honestly, I don’t understand its massive appeal. I enjoyed Friday The 13th (both on PS4 and Switch) so much more than I did Dead By Daylight.
- The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening (Switch) – I haven’t had the best first impressions with the game so far – the framerate issue has been very noticeable to me through several areas of the overworld. Dungeons are largely unaffected, which is a nice reprieve, but it’s still very disappointing from a quality standpoint. I’m enjoying the walk down memory lane, but man, it’s really frustrating dealing with the near-constant visual hiccups in the overworld. If Nintendo can’t patch it, this may be one of the few Zelda games I end up trading in…
- Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch) – On a brighter note, I’ve been finally finishing up the new content in this game – and what a blast! One of the best games on the Wii U is even better with the added content and full two-player co-op in the Switch version. It’s so satisfying collecting all the stars, secondary objectives and 8-bit Toads :)
- Star Wars Pinball (Switch): It’s Star Wars. It’s Pinball. It’s great fun! I’ve also been playing its predecessor, Pinball FX3.
- The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening (Switch): Like many of us, I’ve been playing Zelda. Our review of this latest entry should post not long after this playlist, so do keep an eye out for it.
- Smoots Summer Games (Switch) – An interesting blend of Wii Sports with Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games, all done on a budget. It’s actually pretty fun and easy to pick up and play, especially while we wait for the next Olympic outing!
- Dr. Mario World (mobile) – I’m still addicted! Up to level 265 out of 280 – close to the end! Well, until more levels are added of course.
- Mario Kart Tour (mobile) – I had to try this game out! So far I’ve only done a couple of races. I’m honestly not expecting this one to keep me captivated for long; as much as I love the Mario Kart series, I prefer the full-fledged console version. Still, could be fun for a little while.
- Invasion of Alien X – Earth in Crisis (Switch) – Another review, this one is a shooter that’s fun for a short time.
- Super Mario Maker 2 – this is something we play most weekends, making levels to outdo each other. I’ve been enjoying desert levels of late.
What’s on your playlist this week? Let us know in the comments section below.