We’re back with more of what we do best – talking about Nintendo games. This weekend we’re spending some quality time with a diverse range of games, from RPGs to shmups, and everything in between. Are you looking for some gaming inspiration this weekend? Check out our playlist playlist.
What are you playing this weekend?
- Detective Gallo (Switch): I got a later start with this one, so my review is more delayed than anticipated. I really like to take my time with point & click graphic adventure games like this anyway, and I will say that I’ve quite enjoyed it thus far.
- Jumping Joe & Friends (Switch): I haven’t had much time to play non-review games of late, but this one is well-suited to just a few minutes now and again. Grabbed it during a recent sale for only 99 cents.
- Toy Stunt Bike: Tiptop’s Trials (Switch): My review is imminent, but this is a game that makes me smile. It’s inexpensive too at just $4.99. I think there’s a demo as well.
- WarioWare Gold (3DS) Still racking up high scores in this great 3DS release. Also wrapping a fun little microgame spread for the next issue of PNM, so keep an eye out for it.
- Hollow Knight (Switch) All of my spare time has been going into playing this side-scroller lately. I’m continuing to play more this weekend.
- SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy (Switch): This unique fighter entertained me during the week. Despite the short runtime and controversial characters, it looks and plays well, with some novel twists on the fighting genre.
- Full Blast (Switch): Another classic shooter! These are a fun way to pass the time, and I enjoy the adrenaline rush of dodging bullets while shooting alien invaders. Watch for my review soon!
- Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna – The Golden Country (Switch): Although it’ll be difficult to explore this universe without Zeke and his eye of shining justice, it seems Adam may be a good substitute. New twists on the battle system, new characters, and a story that’s instantly heartbreaking (based on what we already know about these people) is making this expansion feel surprisingly fresh considering the 260 hours I’ve already put into the base game.
- Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle (Switch): The further you get into this game the more fun it gets! I don’t like to pass a battle without my whole team. If I lose one, I restart, but it is incredibly good.
- Pokémon Y (3DS): Having finally finished my Pokédex last winter, I’m still playing this evergreen title ever since I got it on launch day in 2013. Battling friends online is where my time is spent these days. It gets really intense and using moves, abilities and different tactics to beat my opponents is a fantastic feeling.
What do you think of our list this week? Are you into anything retro at the moment, or busy playing something brand new? Let us know your own playlists in the comments section.