Voice chat is the new name for the Wiikly review. It also has a new day. (Thanks Alkaline for the Summary)
Smackdown vs Raw 2008
– Weren’t able to go hands on with it, but the DS version seems to be turning out great – just needs traditional control and fine-tuning.
– Developed by the makers of Rocket Slime. There’s actually an RPG system with an overworld system where you upgrade certain aspects of your character (eg: arm strength, leg strength, etc).
– Looks great – like No Mercy on DS. Phenomenal 3D models. Lots of cinematic stuff with the camera.
– Single-player only. It’s really only supposed to be an “RPG.” Matt thinks this might piss some people off.
– Needs traditional controls. Touch screen controls work alright but traditional controls really are needed.
– Also contains Create A Superstar for the first time. Hopefully this turns out to be the first good portable wrestling game.
– Looks almost indentical to last year.
– Lots of motion used – control recognition has been refined. Uses a lot more motion than most Wii games.
– Still playing catchup, but this year there is over 30 new match types (eg: barbed wire).
– The wonky Success Mode is gone, replaced by Career Mode which is the same as what you will get on PS3/360.
– Online play for the first time on Wii. It will probably be quite bare-bones but it’s a start.
– Interactive entrances and finishes. Sounds gimmicky but it sounds like it could be fun. You can continue to beat your opponent even after a match.
– Create-a-finisher and some other PS3/360 content will not be in the Wii version. The Wii version is an entirely different beast.
-developed by 5th Cell
– real time strategy
– play as an archineer that builds weapons/forts to protect against an army of robots
– 2 minute time span. After 2 minutes, you battle the left-over enemies directly via touch-screen control
Trauma Center: Under the Knife 2 s
-Features Derek Stiles and Angie Thompson
-New operations, new story, new and old characters
-Plot focuses on GUILT aftermath and mysteries surrounding the virus
-Gameplay remains similar to the first game
-Some tools will have improved functionality (no word on any new tools)
-Easy difficulty setting for greater accessibility
-Balance board compatible
-Remote + nunchuk used to gain momentum
-Turn remote/nunchuk left and right to steer if you’re not using the balance board
-Single player only with balance board, up to 4 players with controllers
Just a reminder “Nintendo Voice” is the new name for IGN podcast.
– Coming out in June, 63 songs (5 exclusive), offline multiplayer, in stereo
– Missing important features – downloadable content, online – yet, still costs the same
– Basically a port of PS2 version
– Rushing the game
– Launching in Japan tomorrow
– Videos, interface, etc. will be available
Final Okami version in office
– 16 X 9 mode is perfect
– Runs at 30 FPS, sometimes dips
– Good, not better than Twilight Princess
– Better looking on Wii than on PS2
Mario Kart Wii
Fatal Frame: The Mask of the Lunar Eclipse (Wii, Tecmo/Nintendo)
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness (DS, Nintendo)
New International Track & Field (DS, Konami)
Death Jr.: Root of Evil (Wii, Eidos)
Bleach: Dark Souls (DS, Sega)
Bangai-O (DS, Treasure)
SNK Arcade Classics Vol. 1 (Wii, SNK)
Facebreaker (Wii, EA)
FFCC: My Life As a King (WiiWare, Square Enix)
LostWinds (WiiWare, Frontier)
WiiFit (Wii, Nintendo)
Wii Channels (WiiWare/VC coverage)
Major League Eating (WiiWare)
Adventures of Lolo 2
Columns III: Revenge of Columns
Lords of Thunder
Super Street Fighter II: The New Challengers
Thanks to Milabrega for the summary:
-Full widescreen now
-No paper filter likely since they didn’t mention that
-Japan only release right now
-Not a remake, not going to be running 16:9
Crap Games (Podcast Filler?):
-Agatha Christy = 4.9
-Kidz Sports International Soccer = 1.0 “A total turd”
-London Taxi Rush Hour = looks like a bad n64 game
MX Vs. ATV Untamed:
-Floaty, Frame rate is kind of weak
Hey everyone, thanks for participating in our first poll this past week by voting for your “Most anticipated Wii game of 2008!” We’ll be continuing to do our polls every …
-pretty much just a port of the Dreamcast 2 and Xbox 3. 60fps though
-stretched at 16:9
-new exclusive mode for one of the games, info next week
Sega Superstar Tennis
-actually looks pretty good
-at 60fps. chugs a bit during some of the minigames.
-really just like virtua tennis with the Wii remote and Sega characters
-DS game not as elaborate as the console games, barebones even, but still pretty solid
-no online for Wii or DS
-good if you’re bored with Wii Sports
Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword
-Craig doesn’t think it will do well.
-pretty darn fun
-Matt surprised how much he liked it.
-they’re all pretty confident that it’ll be good.
Mario Kart Wii
-visuals: not very pretty
-low poly, shiny texture passover, 60fps, great sense of speed, FUN
-played it for 10 minutes, didn’t really get the hang of it
-More analog than digital compared to excite truck
-finding the center is the biggest problem
-lots of opportunity for boost
-boost is changed to destroy snaking, works quite a bit
-2p split screen online