The weekend is finally here and it’s time to catch up on some serious game time. It’s been a huge week around the PN office, playing the likes of Metroid: Samus Returns (still), Golf Story and Thimbleweed Park. We also tried out some new ones like Beach Buggy Racing and dipped into some classic Pokemon action. So many games, so little time … check out our playlist below and let us know what’s on your gaming agenda this weekend.
- Pokken Tournament DX (Switch): I’ve been playing this a lot with friends and solo. I’m on my way to becoming a Pokemon Master! (Like I wasn’t already ;)
- Golf Story (Switch): I’m not a fan of golf… At all. But after watching the trailer on the latest Nintendo Direct I was surprised with how interested I was in this game. I’ve barely had a chance to play it but lookout for my review next week!
- EarthLock, Festival of Magic (Wii U): This game is really cool and the characters are starting to grow on me. Look for this review as well sometime next week!
- 36 Fragments of Midnight (Switch): A tiny game, but only $2.99 – fun while it lasts. Want to learn more? We’ve got you covered with our 36 Fragments of Midnight review.
- Beach Buggy Racing (Switch): Not bad… but not that good either. Check out my Beach Buggy Racing review to find out why.
- Monster Hunter Stories (3DS): I put several hours into this game this week. Have you seen the awesome looking Zelda DLC that just released? It’s free too!
- Thimbleweed Park (Switch): If you haven’t yet, please take a look at my Thimbleweed Park review. I hope the Switch gets many more point and click graphic adventures.
- Zen Pinball 3D (3DS): Cashed in some of my Gold My Nintendo points to download this one. The 3D effect is done well, and I’m a pinball fan anyway, so I’m glad to have this on my 3DS.
- Lego Ninjago Movie (Switch): Just wrapped up my review for the latest entry in the Lego video game series. The combat is worthwhile while other parts leave much to be desired – check out my Lego Ninjago Movie review to find out more.
- Metroid: Samus Returns (3DS): Only 5 Metroids left in my journey through SR388. Really enjoying the game – don’t really want it to end :)
- Pokemon Silver (3DS VC): Oh the nostalgia! Pokemon Blue was my first Pokemon game but Pokemon Gold/Silver featured my favorite generation of Pokemon :) Some folks may rather play the DS remakes (HeartGold/SoulSilver), but it’s amazing how much the originals hold up even now.
- Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime (Switch): Another couch co-op game comes to the Switch and it can be both fun and frustrating. Much like Overcooked, it’ll take teamwork to survive this adventure.
- Steamworld Dig 2 (Switch): I think I’ll continue the trend. Look out for my full review sometime in the near future – or right now.
- Lego Worlds (Switch): I am currently on the Wasteland stage of this Lego-themed sandbox game. Check out my Lego Worlds review to find out my impressions of the game.
- Pokemon Gold (3DS): I’m playing this for an upcoming review. And it’s still fun after all these years.
- Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser’s Minions (3DS): Currently reviewing this, and it’s glad to be back where the Mario & Luigi RPG series first started.
- Robonauts (Switch): I had a blast with this platforming shooter – the music alone is fantastic, but the gameplay, graphics and unique gravitational elements really drive it home. t’s a ton of fun, I only wish there was more to it! Check out my Robonauts review for the full details.
- Sparkle 2 (Switch): I just started playing this for my next review, it’s a puzzle game involving knocking marbles out of the way by matching three of more colors. It’s pretty fun so far, but I’ll let you know my full impression soon.
What do you think of our list this week? Are you into anything retro at the moment, or busy playing something brand new? Let us know your own playlists in the comments section.